The Emmaus Project is a two year initiative that helps your local church become more evangelistic. You will work closely with an SJI team member who will provide training, support and access to the extensive pool of resources we have created. We are here to help you share Jesus.
This new project is about offering more than resources and pre-packaged events. It’s about SJI working alongside your local church to help embed faith sharing into all that you do. We have found that when local churches have an external viewpoint from a seasoned evangelist, they get a unique perspective that helps the local church become more effective in sharing Jesus.
The tailored two year programme will include:
- A stock take of where things are at within the church
- A prayerful exploration of what sustainable mission in the community could look like
- Regular training for the congregation
- Preaching 2-3 times a year on the relevant themes
- Regular calls with the church leader
- Sessions with the church leadership team
How it will be delivered?
You will be partnered with a Mission Catalyst, who is an SJI specialist with years of experience in evangelism and church leadership, armed with all the necessary skills and resources to journey with your church and act as a coach.
Their role will be to work closely with you, keeping track of your plans, delivering content, hosting conversation and connecting you with other resources and practitioners when helpful.